Terms and Conditions applicable to the provision, access and usage of this website.
Terms and Conditions
This website www.merchants.scot (the ‘site’) is provided by European Merchants Ltd (‘European Merchants’, ‘we’, ‘us’). Use of the site is governed by these terms and conditions, along with the documents to which they refer (‘Terms and Conditions’). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use our site. By using the site, you indicate that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the site.
The site is owned and operated by the European Merchants Ltd, trading under the name European Merchants, a company registered in Scotland, with company number SC643557.
Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the site without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the site, or the entire site, without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
The site and its contents are for general information only and are provided ‘as is’. We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about: any of the content of the site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or any content of any other third-party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link or other means through the site. We make no guarantees that the site is free from so-called computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading it or its contents.
Links to third-party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement, approval or responsibility by us of the materials on such websites.
We accept no liability for any claims, penalties, loss or expenses arising from: any reliance placed on the content of the site; the use or inability to use the site; the downloading of any materials from the site; or any unauthorised access to or alteration to the site. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of European Merchants.
The content of the site (including, but not limited to, all text, designs, photographs, video, audio and artwork) is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. The copyright is owned by European Merhchants or is otherwise licensed from a third party for use by us. You may view or download any part of the site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to: store the site, or any part of the site, for any other purpose; print copies of the site, or any part of the site, for any other purpose; reproduce, copy or transmit the site, or any part of the site, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium. Certain portions or elements of our site are licensed under a Creative Commons (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International) License. For those portions or elements only, the terms of that license alternatively apply where relevant. All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved. All rights relating to the name, brand, logo, style and type of European Merchants are explicitly and fully reserved.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which any reliance should be placed. European Merchants is an independent body which does not express opinions of its own. Any opinions expressed in content or publications on our site are the responsibility of the authors. Any of the material on our site may be out-of-date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site: in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material which is technically harmful and contains, including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs, components or similar computer code or data designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You may not misuse the site (including, without limitation, by hacking or attacking our site by means including, without limitation, a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack). You may not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third-party relating to our site.
We reserve the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If you have any queries, you may contact us by email.
We collect personal details (such as your name, contact details and email address) which you may provide, for instance by registering for one of our events or submitting an enquiry to us; how you use the website and any other information you email or otherwise send to us. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect information, where available, about your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is data about users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to third parties.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal or other data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records, in return for which we charge a small fee of £10 (GBP). Please direct all requests by email. If any information held by us is incorrect, you have the right to ask for this to be corrected and updated. Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third-party websites.
We may amend this policy from time to time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made. By continuing to use our site, you shall be deemed to have accepted such changes.
If you have any queries, you may contact us by email.
European Merchants Exchange
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Definitions | The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- Site – The term ‘Site’ refers to the European Merchants Ltd online store located concurrently at exchange.merchants.scot and europeanmerchants.bigcartel.com;
- European Merchants – The term ‘European Merchants’ refers to European Merchants Ltd, a company registered in Scotland, with Company No SC643557;
- Customer – The term ‘Customer’ refers to any person placing an Order through the Site, either for themselves personally or on behalf of their company or organisation;
- Product – The term ‘Product’ covers any product or service, presented on the Site and available for sale, for which payment is made through the Site;
- Order – The term ‘Order’ covers any transaction, initiated through the Site and consisting of the purchase of Product(s), for which payment is made through the Site.
- Operator | The Site is operated by European Merchants Ltd, trading under the name ‘European Merchants’ and registered in Scotland, with Company No SC643557.
- Host | The Site is hosted by Big Cartel LLC, a company registered in the State of Utah. Its Terms of Service apply in respect of its service and the functioning of the Site.
- Applicability | These Terms and Conditions govern and apply to all Orders or any other transactions made or initiated through the Site. By making or initiating an Order or any other transaction through the Site, the Customer indicates that they accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions with respect all such Orders and transactions.
- Jurisdiction | All Orders and any other transactions conducted through the Site are governed by the laws of Scotland. The Customer and any other parties to an Order or any other transaction agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- Orders | Orders will only be accepted and a relevant transaction will only be deemed an Order if the Customer provides a delivery address located in Scotland or the United Kingdom. All other transactions will regrettably not be accepted at this time.
- Payment | Payment for an Order must be made through the Site by credit or debit card as indicated on the Site. Payment must be successful registered and authorised before any relevant transaction is deemed an Order and such Order is deemed complete.
- Tax | Orders are assessed for and inclusive of UK Value Added Tax (VAT) where applicable.
- Delivery | Orders to delivery addresses in Scotland and the United Kingdom will be shipped for free via Royal Mail First Class post. Shipping to other destinations will regrettably not be provided at this time. European Merchants is not responsible for any additional charges, duties or taxes or applied by third parties in the shipment and delivery of Orders.
- Returns | The return or request for a return made by the Customer of an Order placed by the same, which is provided for by the statutory rights set out in the laws of Scotland and the United Kingdom, will be processed accordingly. Otherwise, all sales are final.
- Refunds | Where a refund is issued, whether associated with a statutory return or otherwise made at the discretion of European Merchants, the refund will be made to the payment card provided and used by the Customer to make original payment for the Order.
- Communication | European Merchants will communicate with the Customer by email to the email address provided by the Customer in the Order details at the point of sale. Correspondence through social media or social media postings will not be deemed applicable or actionable communication in respect of Orders or any other transactions.
- Severability | The finding that any part of these Terms and Conditions is not valid according to law will render only that part void and the rest will remain in force.
- Effect | Any failure by European Merchants to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Amendments | European Merchants reserves the right to amend or replace these Terms and Conditions at any time. Revised Terms and Conditions will take effect immediately, without notice, and govern all Orders made on or after the date shown below. Previous Orders will be governed by the Terms and Conditions as they existed on the date of order.
- Enquiries | Enquiries in relation to these Terms and Conditions may be made to European Merchants by email to this email address.
- European Merchants is committed to protecting the privacy of the Customer and keeping the Customer informed of how their information is used.
- European Merchants gathers various pieces of information when the Customer use the Site. Such data may include the Customer’s: name, email, billing address, delivery address.
- This Customer information is essential to process the Customer’s Order, including its delivery, and to communicate with the Customer in respect of the Order.
- European Merchants uses this Customer information in a number of ways, including: processing the Order, processing a return or refund, communicating with the Customer.
- This Customer information is accessed by members of staff of European Merchants for purposes relates to Orders. European Merchants does not share such information with advertisers or use the information to conduct marketing or other promotion.
- European Merchants works with a number of third parties in order to provide the Site and its functionality – namely, Big Cartel LLC (which hosts the Site) and Stripe Inc (which processes payments). The Customer is advised to consult their terms and policies.
- European Merchants takes active measures to protect Customer data. The Site uses encryption technology and the payment system complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Payment details are only accessible to the payment processor.